Enhanced multi-nucLEar Generation, Acquisition, and Numerical Treatment of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
The ELEGANT NMR® incorporates the following advantages:
- Several-fold reduction of component costs due to a new processing method,
- Several-fold reduction in magnet size (US Patent: US10646722B2),
- Detection of most to all visible chemical elements and their NMR spectra in the investigated area using an advanced synchronization processing method,
- Drastically increased sensitivity due to dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP), needing only about 10-4 ml fluid to perform detection,
- Improved spectrum quality and matching to database using an automatic procedure for well-known multidimensional HSQC and NOESY methods,
- Drastically accelerated spectrum acquisition due to a non-uniform sampling (NUS) method,
- An automatic procedure for matching spectra to a predetermined reference database without deep understanding of NMR analysis, including in situations with different solvents, using a well-known least squares method,
- An automatic procedure for analyzing chemical mixtures without a priori knowledge, even if the concentration changes during measurement, by using an advanced method for multilinear decomposition of spectra without predetermined references,
- and many other useful features, such as solvent suppression and measurement of droplet size, flow, temperature, pressure, and density, that help to reduce the count of additional instruments needed for analyses.
The above-mentioned technological components can be used to render affordable, compact, and portable in situ NMR spectrometers that can be dipped directly in the fluid to be measured and are easily maintained by those without NMR experience.
Now, this easy-to-use NMR technology is available for:
- universities and research institutions: for real-time monitoring of chemical synthesis,
- chemical and oil/gas industries: for real-time, in situ monitoring of droplet size, chemical processes, and quality control,
- beverage and food industries: for real-time quality control,
- medical and pharmaceutical industry: for real-time, in situ quality control,
- industrial automation: for real-time, in situ quality control.
Suitable for nearly all chemical reactions, the Elegant NMR provides real-time, in situ
monitoring of key information, allowing advanced understanding and control of reactions without any need for extractive sampling.
Alternatively, you can download this presentation in PDF format.
- The ELEGANT NMR® Spectrometer, Arxiv.org, 2017,
- The Multi-Dimensional Decomposition with Constraints, Arxiv.org, 2017,
- Removal of a time barrier for high-resolution multidimensional NMR spectroscopy, Nature, 2006,
- Hyperdimensional NMR Spectroscopy with Nonlinear Sampling, JACS, 2008,
- High-Resolution Four-Dimensional 1 H− 13 C NOE Spectroscopy using Methyl-TROSY, Sparse Data Acquisition, and Multidimensional Decomposition, JACS, 2005,
- Application of the three‐way decomposition for matrix compression, NLAA, 2002.
Elegant Mathematics's innovative technology is protected by the following patents:
and plurality of patent pending applications.
- US15990666 (notice of allowance received)
ELEGANT NMR®, and ELMATHRON® are all registered trademarks of Elegant Mathematics LLC.
New Generation of Magnets Against COVID-19
People worldwide are trying to stop the spread of coronavirus and waiting for a definite solution to the disease. We all desire a quick return to our normal lives. Many special medical devices, such as artificial lung ventilators and complex test systems, are essential in the struggle against COVID-19, but some well-known technology has fallen by the wayside—namely magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). These devices can be very useful for evaluating the lungs and controlling the course of the disease.
What financially limits the availability of these devices is the permanent magnet system, which usually requires a special room and expensive components such as liquid helium. If magnets for MRI could be produced at low cost, MRI devices would be available for every family doctor; this would greatly simplify the diagnosis of COVID-19 and similar pulmonary diseases, as well as aid and increase the reliability of decision-making in the course of medical treatment.
A recently patented invention (US10646722B2
) will hopefully change this situation. This patent was received by Elegant Mathematics LLC, an American company, for the creation of focused permanent magnets from ordinary and inexpensive components, without any rare-earth elements. These magnets can be used to provide a high-intensity permanent magnetic field focused on a specified point or area.
Outside that area, the magnetic field remains weak, providing protection against magnetic effects during surgery and treatment. This enables the performance of real-time MRI during surgery, and the use of MRI for non-invasive ablation or medical care. Furthermore, this development will make it possible to produce small, portable MRI devices.
These magnets can also replace the large magnets currently used in NMR analyzers, which determine the three-dimensional structures of chemicals, including viral proteins. As with MRI machines, the prohibitive cost of permanent magnets means these analyzers are not widespread, being installed only in scientific centers.
Using these new magnets in NMR devices will also enable the proliferation of chemical analyzers and simplify the detection of chemical components. These advances in medical and chemical analysis will make it possible to win the war with COVID-19 and save the life and health of many people.
About Elegant Mathematics
- 1992 Incorporation of Elegant Mathematics Inc. in Bothell, USA (reg. nr. 601360776), active as the main supercomputer software supplier for Cray Research Inc.
- 2006 Relocated to Germany and the EU (as Elegant Mathematics Ltd), active as Nvidia GPU supercomputer solutions consultants and as a Tier 1 and
OEM supplier for ground penetrating radar hardware and software solutions,
- 2017 Incorporation of Elegant Mathematics LLC, mainly for ELEGANT NMR® activity